Monday, January 2, 2012

A Day Late and a Dollar Short


As I may have mentioned in my last post, I planned on starting a NEW blog entitled, "Single Girl's Guide to Impending Apocalypse." Upon reflection, I realized that would mean I had no fewer than four online forums to update on a weekly basis, so I decided to be efficient and make "Single Girl's Guide to Impending Apocalypse" eat my current personal blog for the duration of 2012.

This plan allows me to continue to promote "real" blogs like The Wannabe, Mel's Journey and the perennially awesome, although infrequently updated Kaleidoscope Faith

I've been preparing for the end of the economy (that's what I believe will happen in 2012: before the next inauguration, POTUS will ask Congress to raise the debt ceiling, and Congress, ever surly and contrary, will refuse. And all world financial systems will implode. Or something like that.) ever since I played my first game of Chicken Riot two years ago.

But I really started to worry when I took the Yes! magazine "How Resilient Are You" quiz and scored an abysmal, "You're off to a good start." It was after that devastating magazine quiz that I sent the famous text message: "I don't even know how to train carrier pigeons!!!" You can take the quiz here.

It is in a spirit of reflection, preparation, artful conversation and a little pinch of good old-fashioned hysteria that I will dedicate this web address for the next 364 days to a discussion of the end of the Mayan calendar.

Happy reading! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment