Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolved: Not Just a Carpet Cleaner

Last year, I was proud of my good New Year's Resolution: Be. Here. Now.

I followed through on my resolution until about the first week of March, when it suddenly turned into: Get. Out. Of. Here. Immediately. If. Not. Sooner.

My revised resolution for 2011 didn't work out as well as the original one. I'm thinking about what my resolution should be for 2012, the year when the world might supposedly end.

It's something I've been walking around trying to do since around the first week of March, and now I'll make it official by putting it in writing: Be. Useful.

And I'll end with a "pithy quote" from George Bernard Shaw on the topic:

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Good luck with those resolutions, loyal readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment