Tuesday, March 19, 2013

When You Not Only Forgot But Also Temporarily Misplaced the Thing You Need

I was texting back and forth with a friend of mine today, and the poor thing has a phone that uses T9 (don't mock her - I also will probably have one of these sooner than later), so she said to me, "Fannit! You are supposed to always be prepared!" 

Fannit, indeed. No giant knitting needles when I needed them. 

A short post this evening. Just enough to tell you that when you go to a very easily accessible national park (not like Canyonlands or Escalante, maybe in another lifetime), one where there are a lot of other people who are able to access the park just as easily as you:

- DON'T FORGET YOUR HEADLAMP!
- DO remember your marshmallows. 
- DO remember your firestarters and pie irons
- DO NOT be a jerkface and tell an old man who asks you to turn down your music that he, "should be in a rest home."

The parks are for all to enjoy. 

Which brings me to tonight's product review, of the long-ago-purchased Black Bean Chili Pie
First of all, I forgot my headlamp, so step two was I spilled half the spice packet. 

It cooked like a charm because I followed the directions. 

It was spicy enough to kill something that might logically be killed by spices. It was...too spicy. 

Conclusion: For the foreseeable future I'll stick with the time-honored (because we invented it back in 2010) pie-iron-pierogi. 

The good news: the fact that the chili pie was soooo spicy gave me a grand excuse to eat LOTS of marshmallows. 

The remainder of my week will be spent preparing for SPRING BREEEAAAK!!!!, so I'll have no new adventure to report on Thursday, only more useless blathering for you to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment