Friday, March 8, 2013

Sometimes you win...

...and other times you return home with nothing but a Subway sandwich.

This post is a stream-of-consciousness celebration of the USPS and the little things that keep us sane and happy.

Luckily, word on facebook is that my Mammaw enjoyed the Fig Newmans I got her for her birthday while I was looking for the supplies that we are supposed to buy in March. For the first two weeks:
- a can of meat (veggies)
- a can of fruit
- antiseptic wipes
- compresses

Had I looked at my handy Southern Nevada Health District emergency calendar before the gun show last weekend, I could have purchased the last two items there. I'm still behind a crescent wrench, but it'll get done. It'll get done.

I am very glad that my cousin Randy didn't decide to get married THIS weekend, what with the flooding and the 47-degree weather. Which is glorious, by the way, just not for a wedding day.

Speaking of cousins, I have exactly 34 minutes to finish composing this post before my favorite DIY homegrown Chicago-based rock band, Shiloh, streams live on whpk.org/stream. OR NOT. In order to stream it, I would have to update my RealPlayer, which I believed I did. That settles it. I officially prefer Loyola. :(

Umm...WELL...I'm listening to NEIL YOUNG...
and now something involving instruments that sound like sitars that encourages me to "just travel with" my "mind."
this is confusing. And slightly disturbing.
I'm not a fan of the sitar or whatever it is, so I composed a text to my poor cousin asking him what gives with the sitar or whatnot. Luckily, the message failed to send.

I also abhor the word, "just."

Speaking of junk food in the mail, I just (note that I'm not using the word "just" in the way I don't like) returned from the mailbox with the BEST PACKAGE EVER! It includes some junk food which I will munch while waiting for something to interrupt all of the dead air that's currently broadcasting on WHPK. I...I'm not going to say anything offensive or sacreligious...this Chex puppy chow stuff tastes really good.

I just got off the phone with Dana. Recently, not in this conversation, she told me that one of my blog posts was so all over the place that she affirmed that I need to find focus after finishing my theme of the apocalypse. She is so absolutely right. But this is what happens when I skip a post and then decide to attempt three in one week.

Look for a more sensible post on Tuesday, because...they're on.
In the meantime, what are some of the little things that keep YOU sane and happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment