Thursday, April 11, 2013

And Another Thing...

In my last post I told you about Emily Thacker's The Vinegar Book. While I was checking on the hyperlink for it, I came across another book by the same author: The Magic of Hydrogen Peroxide.

This was of interest to me due to the recent purchase at my local CVS of (drum roll) hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle! WooHoo!


I therefore had The Magic of Hydrogen Peroxide whispernetted into my Kindle (what's this? Technology? Yeah, I use it...)

Here is what I gleaned from the booklet and thought might be of interest to my readers:

We all know that H.P. is miraculous for use on cuts and scrapes, but DID YOU KNOW that it must be used in moderation or it might actually slow the healing process by reversing blood flow to the capillaries? That's right...

Ms. Thacker recommends HP for use in the dishwasher, to wash vegetables, and in a tooth-whitening paste. A soak in a mix of one cup HP added to a foot path can also apparently cure stinky feet if done a couple of times a week.

She lists the products HP can replace: bleach, tub and shower cleaner, laundry pretreater, tile and grout cleaner, oven cleaner, antibacterial treater, antimicrobal sprays, toilet bowl cleaner, and window cleaner.

Apparently HP, when diluted with water, can help tomato plants succeed, and it can fluff up droopy house plants.

However.

Peroxide is also used as an ingredient in military fuels. Therefore, one must never. Ever. Drink it.

Unless of course commanded to do so by a trusted medical professional.

There you have it. Another item for your kit. May it serve you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment