Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thick N Quick

"Thick N Quick" is the name of the type of giant yarn with which I learned to make a knit stitch using giant needles.

It also refers to the fact that it took me exactly 34 minutes to reach the "create new post" button on my blog after starting this Dell Inspirion 5315 desktop, so I'll make this fast before it self-destructs.

In short: I have grown very tired of zombies.

I vow not to mention zombies for a few posts. After that last sentence, that is, heheh.

WELL, for my birthday back in May, Jodi sent me a box of "skinny yarn" from Indiana. So...I'm currently working on my first "real" project, a scarf.

Knitting on #9 needles with tiny, tiny thread is a whole different experience than Thick N Quick.

It kind of makes you wonder why anyone would have such a time-consuming, expensive and frustrating hobby.

 Part of my frustration comes from the fact that these particular #9 needles are metal, not plastic.

I will keep you posted on the project's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment