Saturday, August 6, 2011

Delicious

It all started with a question on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
The question had something to do with Mario's video game identity before he was Mario. So last night I found myself enthralled with the screen you see below:



It's a good thing Jumpman Jr. starts with about 50 lives, because I wasted 30-some of them trying to get past Level 4. I made it all the way to "Spellbound" when my life count fell below zero and my jumpman sat there with little stars swirling above his head.

I found some Jumpman Jr. videos on YouTube for you to enjoy if you'd like to see what I've been up to.

Not that Jumpman Jr. videos will help me teach 8th grade Geography or 7th and 8th grade Explorations next year, but it is what it is. Since I don't have a Commodore 64 in Las Vegas on which to practice my skills at the classics, I figure I'll soon return to Chicken Riot and Resident Evil not long after my triumphant return to town.

I've also been fond of NERF Darts recently.

Which reminds me, this is my last posting from Hammond, IN for the summer of 2011. I've had a splendid and yummy time. Day after tomorrow, I will head to Portland, OR for my first trip to the Pacific Northwest. I'll probably play the PacMan app that I have installed on my phone for at least part of the plane ride.

Speaking of technology, I've set up my first post on my class blog for 2011-12 and look forward to adding more. If you visit the site, feel free to give me some feedback on how to make it better.

I've also signed my classes up for Vicarious Voyage, which is great fun, as I remember from 2008. I like to print and laminate (can't forget the LAMINATION!) a little photo of the ship and move it around my world map as I follow the semester's itinerary. :)

So, that's it. I've been eating (and eating) and geocaching (and geocaching some more), playing, web-surfing, and scheming...

and that's What I Did on My Summer Vacation.

Oh...one last thing...

U.S. Department of Defense

Psychology Today

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment