Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Je Suis un objet d'art!

That means, "I am an objet d'art" in French. Haha.

I'm about midway through my last week away from the vicious cartoon chickens and the NERF dart board of my now-native Las Vegas. I spent this morning with the Fulkerson family at the Portland Art Museum.

I semi-unexpectedly became part of an exhibition there called Object Stories.

I took a few photos, which I'd like to paste in addition to the hyperlink above, but some hotel-related, or blogger-related, SNAFU is preventing me from uploading them here. My object story is already online. I also get a shout-out in Jodi Fulkerson's object story.

There is something really uplifting about taking part in an art project like this. Being art is something that I have only started doing while I've been 34. My first participation was in the I Am Equal project. To find me in that exhibit, you have to scroll down the full gallery. You'll know you're getting close to my photo when you see the jabbawockeez and some showgirls. Heheh.

The other adventure of this trip so far has been climbing 450 stairs for the closest possible view of Mt. St. Helens without actually climbing the volcano itself. I look forward to more adventures tomorrow and of course Friday, when Jodi and I plan to go to Multnomah Falls in the Columbia River gorge.

No comments:

Post a Comment