Monday, August 15, 2011

Approaching the Apocalypse

I arrived home (Las Vegas) around 11 p.m. last night. Today I've been wandering around the house, unpacking, doing laundry, all of those things one might expect of someone who is still ostensibly on summer break but who has just gotten home after 9 weeks away.

Going through stuff is like getting Christmas gifts - I was able to make several piles: a donation pile, a keeping pile, and a take-to-school pile. Then I went grocery shopping at the most convenient place: Wal-Mart (IKR!?!?). It's a far cry from where I was last Tuesday:



Yeah, that's Mt. St. Helens.

Oh, and I also shot some cartoon chickens today. :)

It's a far cry from where I was Friday:



That's the top of Multnomah Falls.

That was vacation, but this is real life. Currently, I'm eating a Stouffer's vegetable lasagna and watching the episode of the History Channel's "The Century" that shares its title with this post.

I'm that kind of tired you become when you know you had an incredible amount of fun and accomplished an unbelievable lot.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll act like a tourist, but tonight, as I have both hands on the keyboard and try to keep Tabby the Cat out of my frozen dinner...

it feels very good to be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment