Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blastoff!

So one week, two baseball games and three parties later, I was so enthusiastic about Clark County School District's Curriculum Engine (from the CCSD website: "The CCSD Curriculum Engine is a tool to help teachers lead their students to success. The Curriculum Engine provides fast access to the curriculum, powerful collective knowledge stored in one place, and a collaborative instructional planning tool.") that I nearly forgot to compose my last blog post before meeting my 7th and 8th grade students!

For those who visit this blog on a regular basis, feel free to check out the destiny of my magazine rack:



If you squint, you can see it there in the top left of the photo, underneath the flag. This photo is from mid-week. That's not how my classroom looks. All of the posters and other random flotsam have been shoved into the wardrobe closets (that's right: plural). Haha. You can also see that my room is nicely sized and well-equipped. I'm looking forward to calling it home for the next 180.

I'm thinking about saying something about Hurricane Irene, but I don't know what it would be. How about this: come visit Las Vegas. We're about as far from having a hurricane as you can get. It's a good place, they're doing some nice things in an area known as "East Fremont Street," again proving last week's point about constant change. Don't rent a car, though. Figure out a way to get a ride from here to there with locals, or to use the public transportation system. Or, how about this:

As I build layers onto my curriculum engine calendar, my thoughts are with those rebuilding the eastern shorelines. Good luck to us all as we blast off to our new challenges, however different each of them may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment