Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's A Disaster

This post title is the name of a movie that Amanda recommended to me.

It is available to watch on Netflix. Netflix freaks me out. It's like, "Who are you? Where are you? What is your name? Do you have a profile?" These are things Netflix doesn't need to know about me. It already knows too much, like I've been enjoying watching season 1 (the only season Netflix has) of The New Girl. 

You know what's NOT on Netflix? 1492. It's not ANYWHERE. Not even at Video Escapades, where I'm considering applying for a job. LMS if I should apply for a job at Video Escapades. I'm concerned about 1492 because I'm having a hard time getting through the book 1491 (decided to take a photo so you can see my artistic blogging process, but mostly to have a nice thumbnail for the FB post), just like I had a hard time getting through 1493, which was by the same author. So, I figured...movie...1492. I remember that it came out for the 500th anniversary of the fateful voyage. It was then apparently swept under the rug so that future generations would actually have to read 1491 and 1493.



None of that is what this post is about. I am hopped up on expectorant.

It's a Disaster.

A group of friends meets for a couples' brunch. While they are getting ready to eat, events unfold and interpersonal drama is revealed. Then the lights go out, and the neighbor Hal appears in a HazMat suit. Hal only appears in the film for about 20 seconds, but he's the character I relate to the most. He informs the group that some dirty bombs have hit downtown, and everyone is going to die. The remainder of the film chronicles how the friends deal with this devastating news.

Amanda says, "Fairly entertaining ideas for the end of the world. Not sure how realistic, though."

I would agree with that. It's the kind of quick banter-y humor that reminds me of Sideways. I don't know why I think this, but I think that if you liked Sideways, you'll like It's a Disaster. I did not regret spending 1.5 hours of life watching it.

Do you have any more film recommendations for me? I will be happy to watch and review them, and to shout you out on the Memoir of Narrow Escape. In the meantime, I shall be engrossed in the drama that was ... 1491. 

No comments:

Post a Comment