Thursday, September 12, 2013

Exactly 7 Days Ago

I began coming down with a Plague.

So I did what everyone who doesn't have health insurance does. I went on midnightremedies.com. I made a concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey, chugged it and hoped for the best.

Six days ago, I was still sick. Four times last Friday I dosed with the apple-cider-vinegar-and-honey.

Late Friday night I snuck downstairs and made a different concoction, introduced to me by Natasha from BCA: very hot vodka with lemon and honey.

Five days ago, I woke up feeling better, but instead of resting, I drove down to Indy for Alex's party. After the party, Jodi having run out of vodka, I tried a mixture of hot spiced rum and Throat Coat. It was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I taped on some leftover Kinoki detox foot pads that were lying around Jodi's house.

Four days ago, I woke up feeling not good at all.

Since then, I have been sticking to good old all-American Nyquil and Vick's Vapo-rub, and I seem to be on the mend. I am not completely well yet, and I plan to milk my illness for a trip to the farmer's market in Griffith, where I can buy some more honey from the farmer that I like.

My cousin Leah (who just celebrated a birthday within the last 24 hours) has posted warnings on facebook regarding honey: some "farmers" are selling store-bought honey as if it were theirs and making a profit. Let this not be the guy in Griffith.

In most cases, things like colds and the flu, and even ailments as severe as acute bronchitis, will simply run their course if given time and fluids. I think it makes me feel better to pretend that I'm being proactive with the cider vinegar and the foot pads and everything. Why not? Half of wellness is positive thinking. I think.

At any rate, I expect to be better by the next time I post. I think it is time for an entertainment review.

No comments:

Post a Comment