Thursday, August 29, 2013

You Would Think...

...that I would finally get back to giving you all advice about how to prepare for the disasters of the future, or how to celebrate the survival of the present.

But no; instead, I'm going to upload a series of four watercolor paintings that my friends and I worked on in Wisconsin earlier this month, because time is running out for us to get them uploaded to the ARTastic watercolour challenge.

After reading Jeffrey Sachs's The End of Poverty, about which I could rant for days, but you can just look at my review on goodreads.com, and reading one of the world's most terrible romance novels, I started to re-read The Happiness Project. Gretchen Rubin says at the beginning of Chapter 3 that her research revealed, "that challenge and novelty are key elements to happiness."

I have an additional comment: watercolor painting is also a key element to happiness. I think it falls under the category of "play."

That said, follow the general link to "http://impendingapocalypses.blogspot.com/" or simply google "The Memoir of Narrow Escape" to see the images.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for playing with us at ARTastic this month. I could not agree with you more - playing is the essence for a life well lived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you join us at ARTastic! Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete