Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Coming Soon, to a Driveway Near You...

It's that time of year again, folks: time for the quasi-annual semi-collaborative family garage sale at Mammaw's house!

In preparation, I have been instructed to go through the books on the bookshelf to determine what to keep and what to try to sell.

Are you familiar with Prevention magazine? Well, back in 1985 the authors of Prevention wrote a book called Everyday Health Hints, in which you can find the following handy checklist which will tell you whether you are sick of your job:

 
More about that a little bit later, and on Facebook, etc.
 
I doubt you can read it, but I made it as big as I could so that you could try. Anyway, six years later in 1991, the same authors published a book called The Visual Encyclopedia of Natural Healing. You're gonna love these illustrations.
 

 
As you can see above, among all sorts of other useful information, it includes these drawings of exercises to do to help alleviate knee pain. Below is something I think a lot about, and the illustration on the lower right looks like me, which the authors say is good. 
 
 
The Visual Encyclopedia... actually already has a pricetag on it, presumably from a former sale. I'M KEEPING IT! Take that. Come to think of it, there was a period of time in the early 2000s when I was really into visual dictionaries, but I certainly haven't seen any of them lately.
 
I have decided to contribut two of the natural healing/health advice books to the garage sale, keep the two I posted photos of here, and of course to keep the one that was published the year I was born.
 
Drum roll please.
 

OH YEAH! I know that, like me, you'll be waiting with bated breath to hear all that this manual has to say.
 
You know that I do not easily part with the flotsam of my life. We also went through some old coffee mugs and only marked four, I think, for the garage sale, out of a cabinet full. So, two books is greater than zero, and will make later room for two more books we didn't know we had.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment