Friday, August 23, 2013

The Vegas and Holbrook Selfie Series

It is exactly what I said it is.

Alex and me at the Venetian for education, gelato, and the Plants v. Zombies slot machine. 

The truck. I was delighted that the plate reflected the ultimate destination. 

Me at our wigwam in Holbrook, #5. For those who wondered whether the wigwam had a bathroom, etc., you can see that it is a free-standing normal motel room encased in a concrete teepee. The wigwam is on the inside, which you will see in a moment. 

Sign posted at the hideously slow DQ where we got dinner, listing the miles from Holbrook to many many destinations in a variety of directions. Wish you could read it better. It lists the distance to Chicago as 1,570. 

Inside our wigwam with the quintessential traveling supplies: instant coffee, extra crunchy peanut butter, and Gold Bond. 

These are, sadly, the very best photos from the entire 2,575-mile trip. The huge storm in Amarillo on Day 2 (the evening that followed the snapping of this last photo, above) REALLY threw us for a loop, and I don't think we took many photos at all after that. I will tell you all about our stormy adventure in a future installment of the Memoir of Narrow Escape. 

For now, this evening I am off to claim my 1,000th geocache at an ice cream event in Illinois. 

No comments:

Post a Comment