Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Things You Should Have Known and Thought You Knew

So...for someone who spent a year preparing for the apocalypse, it is perhaps surprising (unless you know me) that until Alex found them yesterday, I had no idea where my PAJAMAS could be found.

I also forgot that rain existed until Sunday night, when the same Alex caught a tent which would have otherwise blown away and anyway ended up wadded in the back of a vehicle while he and Jodi and I slept in the relative comfort of the Motel 6 in Amarillo.

I would not have believed that insects could have nearly-human legs, or that I would ever see an armadillo as roadkill.

And who could have ever anticipated that Baptists would fill every hotel room in St. Louis on a Tuesday night? I can't speak for my friends, but I can say that I have had an amazing, and educational, experience crossing the country. Tonight, despite our lack of ability to stay there, we did have good views of the arch as we sped past at 8 p.m. on our way to Springfield, IL.

I have little else to say, as I am very, very tired, and I have NO idea what I'll say just two short days from now, but for the bit of public service my two loyal readers have come to expect, I give you this image of a few of Oklahoma's recently arrested citizens.

Remember, in the immortal words of Jeannette Winterson, "The map is not the territory."


No comments:

Post a Comment