Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rain, and Other Hazards

Since I haven't touched base since Springfield, IL, I'm sure that my other two loyal readers (besides the ones that I live with and/or constantly text) may suspect that I am dead. To assure you that I am not, I give you the following photo of one very awesome car:


I have made it extra large so that you can read the sign that says, "Continental Divide."
If you know your geography, which of course you do, you're aware that Alex actually took this photo well before I last posted. You can also tell that from the scrub on the side of the road, if you know your biomes. Nonetheless. That is the sexy back of my Subaru.

For your further amusement, here's a fun video link sent to us by Miss Gokey. It's a trailer for World War Z (which I haven't seen, and I will probably have to wait for Netflix), revisioned as a Ken Burns documentary.

"I'd like to see Miss Gokey fix a blower motor," said Dad, in his quest for a shout-out. To his credit, it is thanks to him that the above-mentioned Subaru will have AC and heat for wherever the road happens to take it next.

This post is really too short, I realize, but I'm coming to you from the McDonald's on the corner of Columbia and 165th. It is amusing to watch the other people in the restaurant, especially the little old ones. One man was in here when I got here, and I'm sure he'll be here until well after I leave. I suspect he comes here every day for coffee. A woman came in, they greeted each other and chatted a bit, then instead of joining him, she sat in the next booth. Not too long after that, another older man who is very animated came in and joined the first man, who informed the 2nd man that, "My father always used to say, 'Don't do what I do. Do what I say to do!'" Haha. Indeed.

I'll likely be back Friday, and then return you to your regularly scheduled blog, next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment