Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Updates and Reminders

According to Miss Gokey, the word "umami" is actually Japanese for "delicious." She heard it on NPR a while back. It's true. I checked her source. Good retention, Miss Gokey!

I forgot to get sunscreen. I hope you didn't.

Yesterday's planning activity was to make a plan for communicating with your family in case of a disaster. The calendar suggests e-mail, phone and cell phone. I don't know how well that would work if the power went out for an extended period of time.

Tonight I took a class that will enable me to legally attempt to save your life if you are choking or stop breathing for some reason. Actually, here in the Battle Born state where we have a Samaritan law, anyone is legally allowed to try to save anyone else's life. Indiana has one, too, so if you see somebody choking, Hoosiers, don't just sit there! I guess I just have an extra layer of legal protection if I'm ever in that kind of awkward situation, now that my CPR/AED card is good through 2015.

At class, I found out some very interesting information, again about vinegar.

DID YOU KNOW that if you are stung by a jellyfish, you are supposed to douse the sting in vinegar and then return to warm water? I didn't know it either, and now we both do! I am happy that my CPR class has enriched our lives, and that now we know how to survive the event of a jellyfish sting! The instructor informed us that most lifeguard stands have a supply of vinegar.

I think I'm going to seriously freak out if I ever run out of vinegar ever again in my life.
My ears are better, by the way. However, I suspect that bacterias are still planning sieges of various aspects of my existence. In the meantime, here is another interesting article about diet and wellness.

Yesterday I received a packet in the mail containing a book about tourism that I'd forgotten having ordered. Good! Something else to distract me from telling you all about your unconscious brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment