Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Disaster of the Day

This post takes its title from Anna Nalick's 15 minutes of fame back in the early 2000s, and also of course from the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER, which just keeps on giving!

Miss Gokey gave me some resources from inside and outside of our own community that will be useful for disaster prep, namely a book entitled 31 Days to Survival which I look forward to starting at the start of the next 31-day month.

Also, the Southern Nevada Health District's 2013 Emergency Preparedness Calendar.



Bad news, kids. We're behind schedule. It's January 15th (Happy MLK Day, everyone), so we already missed two supply-buying runs and two planning activities. Also, my blog page has just now defaulted to centering the text. Sorry about that. Hopefully it'll fix itself for next time. 

Okay. I hope you already have a gallon of water, a can of meat (or soup, if you're me), a manual can opener, safety pins and 2 pairs of latex gloves. These are the things we were supposed to have purchased. I have all of these things except the two pairs of latex gloves. 

For our planning activities, we were supposed to have made a family emergency plan and designated out of town emergency contacts. So, now we're up to date. 

Don't you hate it when, on the news, they say, "Will your favorite brand of peanut butter kill you? Tune in later..." Well, that's exactly what I'm going to say about the stuff from the City of North Las Vegas. I have a radio show to listen to. 

I! LOVE! THE INTERNET!

And if you're reading this, then you do, too. Have fun shopping. Perhaps I'll run into you at the Craig and Nellis Wal-Mart. I hope not, but...perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment