Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hasta La Proxima



“We were born with Silver [sic] spoons in our mouths and electric dishwashers to keep them sanitary and clean. We relaxed, didn’t we? What will happen to us, Admiral?” (Lib McGovern to Sam Hazzard, Chapter 9, p. 230)


The book pictured above, which contains the quotation below it that I pasted from the internet, was published in 1959. 1959! The more things change...


I am proud to have finally finished Alas, Babylon, and I would like to highly recommend it to my loyal readers for your apocalypse bookshelves. It took me a while to get through this one. I couldn't put it down once I picked it up, but then I had to put it down again to do unpleasant things like sleep and work and do the laundry, and it was a long time between picking-ups. 


Sadly, that is all I have to say this evening, lest I not be able to begin reading Battle Royale, which is still in a box next to the door. Except...in other news, on the TV front, I'm watching Supernatural, which has nothing to do with anything. Also, the little Survival kit from REI really is handy and useful (thanks, Miss Gokey). And on that note, enjoy whatever it is that YOU'RE watching this evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment