Thursday, April 26, 2012

Call for Submissions


Who knows from whence on the internet I ripped off the image above, but this short post is a nod to the naysayers.

After all, we have 50/50 odds that absolutely nothing will happen on 12/21/12. If that is the case, what skills and dispositions will we need to carry us into...more of the same?

I predict that the same activities I have been reading about, watching and (in some rare cases) trying will continue to be especially helpful in the event of an S.Q. (status quo)-type Apocalypse.

In addition, the scroll below, which I ripped off from a site that sells it, is a Japanese proverb that says, "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

I was just texting this back and forth with Miss Jodi this week, since I figure what are the people in our lives except our cheerleaders as well as our team to cheer for? Whether the world ends or whether it doesn't, I believe resilience will be humanity's most important characteristic for survival.

Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight - Japanese Philosophy Wall Scroll

However, I am open to suggestions from my few loyal readers. What will we need eight months from now when the world doesn't come to an end?

No comments:

Post a Comment