Thursday, February 9, 2012

Duct Tape Holds the World Together

Following is a list of all the full moons in 2012:
January: 8
February: 7
March: 8
April: 6
May: 5
June: 4
July: 3
August: 1, 31
September: 29
October: 29
November: 28
December: 28

It's a shame we only have eleven more full moons to enjoy this year, or ten if you believe the Maya mystics. I got this handy list last night while attending a workshop on Night Hiking with the intrepid Miss Gokey. We learned again about the "Ten Essentials," outlined in my Battling the Elements post from a while ago. I'm sure you noticed duct tape in that post, listed under "repair supplies" along with trash bags.

The official word, of course, is that you need a patch kit. The instructor for the workshop stated that duct tape will suffice to tide you over until you get home safely and can properly repair your gear or... if we follow the advice of James Wesley Rawles, get this: duct tape can actually be used to hold major wounds closed until you can get to qualified medical help IF it is clean. Maybe you already knew that. But I didn't.

On another blog, I posted 1.5 summers ago about a little girl in Highland, IN who taught me how to make duct tape flowers. For this post, I wanted to link to her etsy shop, but I can't find it with a zip code search. If I ever see the little girl again, I will correct my error.

In the meantime, here's a link to duct tape activities that you can use to waste your duct tape stash until such time as you absolutely need it for other things. I'll warn you, though, that if you're thinking about selling your crafts online: etsy is rather saturated.

For my part, unless I get super motivated, I will save my own duct tape for trade and barter.

No comments:

Post a Comment