Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blah de Blog

1. The Thanksgiving trip to Peru with Krista (who has been busy finishing all sorts of projects you should read about) is canceled for me. I feel bad for flaking out on her, especially when it involves a place that would be so cool to see in advance of the apocalypse. I now have a more vested interest in hoping the Maya are wrong, so that I can live to get another stamp in my shiny new passport with the uncracked spine.

2. There was a big gnarly hurricane on the east coast a few days ago. I find it difficult to blog about the apocalypse with an actual one in progress for some people, while I am personally insulated from it in the mostly-loving embrace of the Mojave Desert, where I lectured today about our ancestral natives and how they used cliffs for their homes. I trust that the photos you'll see here on the Orlando Sentinel site are real, because I found the story from Tom Skilling's weather page.

3. I must keep this post short, as I have a date with the end of Going Bovine (read 2) right now.

She must have known that it was Tuesday, because Miss Gokey sent me the following quote in a text message this morning:

"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning."

It is that thought with which I leave you on this fine evening, loyal readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment