Monday, October 3, 2011

Meep Meep!

That's right, folks! On my way down the mountain for probably the last overnight until after the snows (which will begin falling this week) thaw in May, I saw a road runner (I think) for the first time (I think) in my life. That was yesterday, and clearly where the blog is concerned, I completely missed the weekend. I was busy grading papers, making money proctoring the SAT, and sleeping at McWilliams campground. Today, something arguably better than spotting a road runner happened: it rained! It may in fact still be raining in some parts of town. Granted, it rained twice last month, but that was September. Today's rain is proof positive of the unrivaled greatness of October. It started raining about 10 minutes before school let out, and then kept raining for about 25 solid minutes, until I had arrived at the intersection of Nellis and Bonanza. I had the most fun commute home from school ever. Unbeknownst to me, apparently my windshield is badly Rain-Xed. Adding insult to injury, when I turned on my wipers, I noticed that one of the wiper blades had dry rotted completely off. I remembered that I knew that, because I showed Miss Gokey my nonexistent wiper blade a few weeks ago. (These are the things you have to deal with when you live in a climate where there are 361 days of sunshine.) When I remembered that, I started laughing. And then I remembered the time that I accidentally turned on the wipers when I meant to turn on the cruise control, on Highway 58 (I think), and I laughed some more. Unfortunately, I passed the inevitable wreck, and pulled over for the inevitable ambulance, and stopped for at least one soaked crossing guard... As I turned onto Nellis from Craig, I noticed two passenger aircrafts and two helicopters flying in the sky. I laughed again as I thought to myself, "the Air Force is out monitoring the "rain" situation!" Now that the cover of darkness is upon us, the lightning is better than a Cirque show. Thank you, Mother Nature! It's a good evening to watch a horror movie. Two days ago, I watched a movie called Brotherhood. It was very dark, filled with violence, blood, death and painful bad choices, but it ended well and I enjoyed it very much. The movie I'm watching right now is much more terrifying, IRL. It's a documentary called Tapped. It makes me feel like the main character in Brotherhood, a victim of my own bad choices regarding my water consumption. But, like Adam in the first movie, I have seen the error of my ways. In the meantime...what are "adverse reproductive effects?" What exactly is that supposed to mean? With apology to my 3 loyal readers, I must bastardize the John Muir quote and say horribly, "TV is calling and I must go."

No comments:

Post a Comment